Nursing Careers at Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth
Nursing Career Opportunities
United Surgical Partners International’s (USPI) Every Day Giving Excellence (EDGE) philosophy helps us achieve our mission. EDGE is a systematic approach to performance improvement, led by the facility’s employees, that looks to exceed customer expectations in the clinical, service, and financial areas of our business. The nursing mission, vision and philosophy statements align with those of Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth.
We demonstrate excellence by our intentional presence in delivering holistically competent patient care in a caring-healing environment. Grounded in evidence-based practice (EBP) we promote innovation in clinical practice, programs, and technology through active participation in shared decision making and research.
Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth Vision
Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth, through combined efforts of our governing body, physicians, and staff, desires to provide healthcare to every patient as we would our own families.
The Nursing Vision of Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth is that we will be passionate in our delivery of seamless nursing care that will produce superior outcomes within the community attracting and retaining highly qualified nurses to the profession. We will continue to ensure professional excellence while maintaining fiscal responsibility and professionalism in an ever-evolving health-care system.
- Health care is an inherent human right, and that patients have the right and are encouraged to participate in their own care.
- Our nurses make a commitment to deliver compassionate, holistic care to each patient in a competent, ethical, and caring manner.
- The scope of nursing care includes the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of body, mind, spirit for individually defined health.
- Professional nursing values an interdisciplinary, collaborative, process to create a caring-healing environment, centered around patients and their families.
- Our nurses are qualified not only in maintaining licensure and certifications, but also by demonstrating competence, and a commitment to professional development through lifelong learning.
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth is a joint venture with Tenet Healthcare and USPI. Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth is a 30-bed acute care surgical hospital located at 1800 Park Place Avenue in Fort Worth, Texas. Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth has been serving the residents of Fort Worth and the surrounding communities since 2014.
The hospital provides a wide spectrum of medical services including an Emergency Department, a 30-bed inpatient unit, a 4-bed intensive care unit, a diagnostic imaging unit, 14 operating rooms, including the da Vinci, ExcelsiusGPS, and Mako Surgical Systems. With a medical staff of over 130 physicians, Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth provides a number of specialty surgical services. In 2020, the Average Daily census was 13.22. The surgical services Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth provides include, but are not limited to, Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT), Bariatric, General, Pulmonary, Gynecology, Oral, Orthopedics, Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Pain Management, Plastics, Podiatry, Spine, and Urology. Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Fort Worth employs a total of 163 Registered Nurse full- time equivalents with at minimum an Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN).
We focus on providing a quality, service-oriented environment for your surgical procedure.
Recognitions Received by the Organization
U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospitals for Knee Replacement Surgery 2020-2021
BSWSHFW was recognized as a High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery in 2020-2021. The U.S. News and World Report procedure and condition ratings look at individual specialty procedures and conditions, such as Knee Replacement Surgery. The goal is to look at the procedures performed on that patient population and to produce ratings.
Hospitals that treated enough patients within that specialty are then rated high performing, average, or below average in each procedure.
2020 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award
BSWSHFW received the 2020 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award, this award is only given to organizations that have achieved the 95th percentile or higher for any set of designated survey measures. These measures include Likelihood to Recommend, Overall Rating and/or Teamwork. The Guardian of Excellence award is given annually to the organizations that sustain performance in the top 5% for the designated reporting period.
The Gold Seal of Approval for The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval identifies those healthcare organizations voluntarily seeking accreditation and show a commitment providing patients with a safe and effective environment. BSWSHFW holds The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for the hospital and laboratory.